Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birds I've Seen in my Yard - Wilson's Warbler


So one Thursday afternoon, my kid threw up in the toybox at daycare. Four days later, it was my turn to be sick. I stayed home from work and spent a lot of time on the couch. Miserable as that morning was, I was lucky to be on the couch. Otherwise, I might not have caught this little migrant passing through.

First I saw movement in the yellow trumpet flower. Then I saw the flash of yellow. Next, the greenish wings... and I wondered if it was a lesser goldfinch, except it was too small to be that! So out came the bird book. Lo and behold, it was a Wilson's Warbler. I tried sitting out on the front step for a while, camera poised, but no luck. He didn't come back. Safe travels, little birdie!


http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Wilsons_Warbler/id

No comments:

Post a Comment